Residential Recycled Water Fill Station
The Recycled Water Fill Station provides free recycled water to Yucaipa Valley Water District residential customers, who have completed the application and the Recycled Water Fill Station training class. The Recycled Water Fill Station is located at Crystal Creek - Yucaipa Valley Regional Water Filtration Facility at 35477 Oak Glen Road. There are 9 bays available for multiple vehicles to fill at the same time.
The recycled water at the Recycled Water Fill Station is FREE. The application and training class are also free. You must provide your own approved containers that have been inspected and the recycled water stickers have been affixed to containers by the Yucaipa Valley Water District Staff.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Saturday:
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
What is tertiary-treated recycled water and is it safe?
The District's disinfected tertiary-treated recycled water "recycled water" is sewage that has been treated to State defined standards in compliance with Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations. The recycled water produced at the Wochholz Regional Water Recycling Facility is regularly tested in compliance with requirements established by the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board.
What can I use recycled water for?
Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations specific that recycled water can be used to water your trees, gardens, vegetables, and lawns. It can also be used to wash your car, outdoor furniture, and hard surfaces (paths, walls, windows, etc.). *Please note that Recycled water can not run off your property.
Where is recycled water currently used within my area?
Recycled water is used throughout our service territory for irrigation of parks, school yards, golf courses, median landscaped, area and other approved locations.
What is recycled water NOT suitable for?
Recycled water cannot be used for drinking, cooking, bathing or showering, filling swimming pools or spas, children's water toys, or plumbing to the household domestic plumbing system (including the irrigation system).
Can I water my plants with recycled water?
Yes, all plants can be watered with recycled water. This includes fruit trees, vegetables and herbs. Just remember to wash all fruit, vegetables and herbs with drinking water prior to consumption.
Do water conservation restrictions apply to recycled water?
No. Water-use restrictions do not apply to recycled water. However, recycled water is a valuable resources and should not be wasted.
Who develops the health standards for recycled water?
Recycled water is strictly monitored to ensure it meets water quality standards set by the Regional Water Quality Control Board and the State Water Resources Control Board.
Recycled Water Fill Station Guidelines
Recycled Water Fill Station: Rules and Regulations
- The Program rules and regulations include include Yucaipa Valley Water District's Rules and Regulations for Water, Sewer, and Recycled Water as amended from time to time.
- Only Yucaipa Valley Water District customers who have attended a free Recycled Water Fill Station training class can access the Recycled Water Fill Station.
- The maximum amount of recycled water one can obtain is 300 gallons per visit. ** Please keep in mind that water weighs over eight (8) pounds per gallon. Please be sure your vehicle can handle the amount of recycled water you elect to take.
- Your containers must have water-tight lids and not leak. Minimum container size is one gallon. Maximum load is 300 gallons, but you can return as often as you like. We are enforcing the 300-gallon limit. If you arrive with a container that holds more than 300 gallons, you will only be allowed to take 300 gallons.
- Only containers that have Yucaipa Valley Water District provided recycle stickers affixed to the container can be used to transport recycled water.
- Recycled water can only be used for the uses identified by the Yucaipa Valley Water District.
- The resale of recycled water provided to the a resident under this program is prohibited.
- Recycled water must not be put into an existing landscape irrigation system.
- It is illegal to connect recycled water containers and equipment to buried irrigation systems or to onsite drinking water supply. If an illegal connection does occur you, your family, and neighbors could end up drinking recycled water. Violators are subject to fines up to $1,000 per day and loss of participation in the Program.
- Recycled water cannot be used for irrigation within 50 feet of a well.
- Recycled water shall not be discharged to the street gutter or storm drink system. If you have any leftover recycled water and want to dispose of it, either discharge it to a landscape area or to the sanitary sewer system.
- Do not drink recycled water or use if for food preparation.
- Take precautions to avoid contact with food while using recycled water.
- Wash fruits and vegetables with drinking water prior to eating or cooking.
- Recycled water shall be used and.or applied promptly.
- Containers with recycled water shall be closed or covered to avoid mosquito and vector control issues.
- Yucaipa Valley Water District may conduct site visits to monitor the use of recycled water/
- The hours of the Recycled Water Fill Station may be modified by Yucaipa Valley Water District at any time without prior notice.
What is the process to obtain recycled water from the Recycled Water Fill Station?
- Complete the Residential Recycled Water use Application and Agreement
- Bring the completed application form to the Yucaipa Valley Water District Administrative Office, located at 12770 Second St, Yucaipa.
- After training is complete and the stickers have been affixed to the containers, you will be able to pick up recycled water during the designated residential fill station "open" hours, posted on the this website. these hours are subject to change.
- You will be required to show the attendant the wallet card you received at the time of training. Do not share your wallet card with others. All users must receive training to ensure they are informed of the use requirements.
- During each pick up the attendant will scan your bar code located on the back of the wallet card and will enter the amount of water you are collecting.
How do I sign up for a Recycled Water Fill Station class?
Please contact Allie Barry at (909)793-3312 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to be added to the list for and upcoming Recycled Water Fill Station training class. Classes will be announced once a sufficient amount of customers have enrolled. Customers who have added their names to the list will be contacted in regards to class date and time.
When are the Recycled Water Fill Station training classes?
The Recycled Water Fill Station training classes are offered periodically throughout the year.