The Yucaipa Valley Water District is made up of a proactive and diverse group of elected officials and employees dedicated to providing reliable water and wastewater service in an efficient, cost effective manner that provides a high level of customer satisfaction. On May 1, 2002, the Board of Directors adopted the following mission statement to clearly reflect the vision and principles that guide the dedicated elected officials and employees of the District.
Yucaipa Valley Water District is committed to professionally managing the precious water, sewer and recycled water resources of the Yucaipa Valley in a reliable, efficient and cost effective manner in order to provide the finest service to our customers, both present and future.
Values and Principles
We are committed to using the following values and principles as a guide to accomplishing our mission:
• We are proactive in our approach to issues.
• We are committed to integrity and consistently high ethical standards in all our business dealings.
• We use the strategic planning process to focus our efforts and minimize our crisis management mode.
• We make informed, rational and objective decisions.
• We aggressively pursue technological solutions to improve operations.
• We are inclusive in our decision making and delegate responsibility whenever possible.
• We design our services around customer wants and needs to the degree possible within our financial and regulatory constraints.
• We cultivate widespread commitment to common goals.
We believe our success depends on every employee knowing and sharing these values and principles.